Weight Watchers Egg Muffins Recipe
Egg whites, cheese, and veggies make these Weight Watchers egg muffins a nutritious meal. They taste delicious! I recently joined the Weight Watcher’s program which has been very successful for me in the past; if you are looking to lose weight, you might want to check it out. As part of my new healthy lifestyle change, I like to start each morning with a healthy breakfast. Egg muffins are a great option to make ahead and eat on the go because they hold well in the fridge or freezer.
Why Choose Weight Watchers Egg Muffins?
- Eggs are a great source of protein and can be cooked in many ways
- This recipe for Weight Watchers egg muffins is easy to make, vegetarian, and gluten-free
- These egg muffins are perfect as a breakfast or lunch on the go
- They’re also high in fiber so they’ll keep you full all morning long!
- For this recipe, we used a variety of vegetables including zucchini, onion, garlic cloves, spinach leaves, red bell pepper slices, and tomato sauce
- Feel free to swap out any veggies that you don’t like or have allergies to – broccoli would work well too!
How to Make Weight Watchers Egg Muffins Recipe
If you are looking for a fast and quick breakfast recipe? Then these Weight Watchers egg muffins are so good! Made with just a few simple ingredients, these muffins are perfect for busy mornings. Plus, they’re low in points so you can stick to your diet plan. Ready to get started? Keep reading for the recipe.
- – 12 large egg whites (or substitute with 3 whole eggs)
- – 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- – 1/2 cup diced onion
- – 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- – 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking spray
- – salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, cheese, onion and red pepper.
- Pour mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of one of the muffins.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Note: Makes 12 muffins.
Nutrition information per muffin:
– Calories: 43
– Fat: 2.5 g
– Saturated fat: 0.5 g
– Cholesterol: 10 mg
– Sodium: 85 mg
– Carbohydrates: 2 g
– Fiber: 0 g
– Sugar: 1 g
– Protein: 5 g
Recipe Note: The great thing about these muffins is that you can customize them to your liking. Don’t like onion or red pepper? Leave them out. Want a bit more protein? Add in some diced ham or sausage. These muffins make a healthy and delicious breakfast that will help you stay on track with your weight loss goals. Enjoy!